There are an INFINITE number of ways to package and mail cookies and it’s all dependent on what you’re shipping, the shape/quantity, etc. — but I wanted to share ONE of the most commonly used methods I use for shipping treats to my friends and family.
I like to keep things as simple as possible. This configuration gets the job done for about 95% of my shipping projects. I purposely design treats so that they fit into this box. Doesn’t mean this works for your treats. You need to apply the concepts you’re seeing here to what you’re trying to ship.
Make sure to watch the video for a visual:
** The “tea drops” I show in the video are adorable single serve packets of various teas — a must have for the tea drinkers in your life. My referral link for 20% off your first purchase!! https://prz.io/e3pGzJ8s2 . Recipe for our “everything” cookie here. Butter cookie recipe HERE.
For shipping itself:
I use a USPS Flat Rate Padded Envelope and the 9 X 6-1/2 X 2-3/4 (R) WHITE TUCK TOP BOX from Papermart – or Item number 072570. THESE in 9x6x2 are also great.
General Guidelines for how to mail cookies:
- Pick a robust box– something that can take a beating during transit
- Have adequate padding – shred, bubble wrap, tissue paper are all great options and depending on what you’re shipping, one may work better than the other. Things like cupcake liners, baggies that are a little bigger with extra ‘material’ around the cookies all serve as “padding”!
- I like to avoid shipping fragile treats– so like really intricately shaped cookies, or very super soft cookies. I know it can be fun to make and gift, but I’d rather make a few less things, make sure they are more solid, hope they make it there in one piece!
- Make sure to correctly Heat Seal your cookies so they remain fresh… listen to what I say in the video!!
Other great shipping resources, especially if you’re shipping decorated cookies
- Flour Box Bakery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZM–_llvQU
- Sweet Sugar Belle: https://www.sweetsugarbelle.com/2011/12/shipping-cookies/
If you have any specific questions, leave them for us below! Please also support us by making a SHOP purchase, following on social media (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube), visiting our RESOURSES blog post and checking out our Amazon favorites!
*this post contains affiliate links – I made a commission via these links at no cost to you and it’s a great way to support us!